Name Change

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 06th, 2013 on General Practice - Texas
More details to this question:
I would like to change my sons last name how can I go about doing so
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Ms. Kimberly Demetrice 'Kim' Moss at The Law Office of Kimberly D. Moss
Licenced in TX
Answered on Aug 06th, 2013 at 1:51 PM

To change your child's name, you will need to file a petition on his behalf (assuming he is a minor) in the county where he lives. Then you will need to notify his other parent of the name change, attend a hearing concerning the name change, and then file an order with the clerk's office once it has been granted by a judge. At the hearing, the judge will want to know why your son's name is being changed, and he or she will ask questions to make sure such a change would be in the child's best interest. 

Report Abuse
General Practice
General practice attorneys typically represent either individuals or small business clients on a range of civil and criminal issues. These lawyers may be able to review contracts, draft and send legal notices on your behalf, represent you in court, handle simple bankruptcy filings and real estate matters.
Have an General Practice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

345 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

253 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

192 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

155 Answers, 4 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

147 Answers, 22 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 36 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

87 Answers, 14 Legal Topics

General Practice Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums